Welcome to the family and foundation of your future that is The Coopers’ Company and Coborn School.
This year is an integration into the specialised subjects of teaching and learning
together with the principles and traditions of the school. These will include the following:
- Essentially the school’s academic record begins with a diverse curriculum within government policies to provide teaching and learning foundations. Supporting all of this is a framework of teachers, pastoral support and mentoring from trained sixth formers and professional staff.
- Students are encouraged to participate in many of the extra-curricular clubs and activities from drama, music and art. In sport, opportunities exist for teams and individuals to gain recognition at county, national, and international level. The music department have numerous concerts where students perform in the choir, wind band, jazz band and school orchestra.
- Students participate in the travel plan by joining Bikeability and attending various days to gain achievements.
Personal Social Health Education (P.S.H.E) involves Conferences Days where students have themed days comprising of activities, guest speakers, theatre productions and bonding ranging from a Thames Chase experience to a First Aid Qualification.
- All students participate in the annual Baron Burns Public Speaking competition, which is instrumental in building their confidence.
- Supporting the various nominated charities students throughout the year raise money through events and activities.
- Christmas hampers are assembled by the year 7 and 8 students and gifts given to members of Tower Hamlets and beyond.
- Founders’ Day is a celebration in Bow and re-affirmation of the central principles of the generosity of the founders who created the schools to provide education for the poor.
- Two parents’ evenings are planned during the year. Assessment grades are sent home with a school report showing student progress.
- Activities Week at the end of the academic year sends students to Colchester Zoo, London and a Themed CCCS Olympic Sports Day at school.
Mr L Marshall
Head of Year 7