In 6th Form (Key Stage 5) we operate a two-week timetable with 5 lessons per day and 6 on a Wednesday, totalling 52 hours over the fortnight.
The extra lesson on a Wednesday is a rotational lesson to cover the 25 lessons that would be missed with the introduction of a 2-week Autumn half term. Over the course of the year this provides an extra 38 hours, some of which are used to deliver our new PSHE curriculum.
- All students complete a minimum of three, linear A Level courses
- Students are also taught PSHE
- We do not offer the AS qualification
- Students are taught in mixed ability classes
- A very small number of students complete 4 A Levels (excluding those who complete Further Maths)
- Around ¼ of the students in the year will complete an EPQ (Extended Project Qualification)
- All students take part in an enrichment programme involving five aspects; mentoring & volunteering, life questions, online learning, sport and specialist areas such as bespoke careers programmes
- A unique aspect of our curriculum provision is our focus on extra-curricular opportunities
- Please note that every student in Year 13 is expected to complete work shadowing in the summer of Year 12