Catering & Free School Meals
Our school catering service are provided by Accent Catering in three locations in the school. We offer students in Year 7-11 catering facilities through our ‘Main Canteen’ and for students in the 6th Form there is a dedicated café in the Common Room. We also have use of an external pod.
We offer students with a food service as follows:
- Breakfast club – before 8:35am
- Break time – a selection of hot and cold snacks
- Lunch time – a full menu consisting of hot and cold items. In particular, they offer a good value ‘Meal Deal’ each day consisting of a hot main meal and a desert for less than £3
We run a ‘cashless’ catering system and parents/carers are able to ‘top up’ their child’s account via ParentPay.
Like almost every school in the UK, students pay for their food and drink, via their fingerprint. This is an extremely effective, secure (and most importantly quick) way of administering the catering service.
Free School Meals
Financial support is available for students aged between the ages of 11-18 and we strongly encourage parents/carers who are eligible to apply.
How do I apply for free School Meals?
This website provides details of how to apply.
Essentially, you are entitled to free school meals for your child if you are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (but NOT Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income of less than £16,190
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit