Ours students are the greatest thing about our school and are what make us unique. They are fantastic role-models, both in school and within the wider community. Our embedded student leadership opportunities and School Congress enable them to lead, act as role-models and influence decisions affecting their environment. Below you will find more information about this aspect of school life.
Service to the School is one of its great strengths and exemplifies the School’s motto ‘Love as Brethren’.
Students play a crucial role in this work:
- Every form group has ‘Form Reps’ who represent the form group
- Within each year group there are ‘Year Captains’ made up from the Form Reps
- In Year 11, there is a group of dedicated ‘Prefects’ who provide leadership to our Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 community
- The Sixth Form has a structure of School Captains, Sixth Form Captains, Games Captains, Music Captains, STEM Captains, Drama Captains, Careers Captains, Charity Captains and Diversity Captains – these are whole school roles
- There is also a team of 64 Subject Captains who lead the academic subjects in the school
This is run by the School Captains who work with Form Representatives and Year Captains, discussing issues from around the school. The chair of Congress then feeds back to the Headteacher. Students have meetings each half term.