Induction: Summer 2021
Making the transition from GCSE to A Level study is a real challenge and is one that many students struggle with, this is made especially difficult this year. To ease this process, and to support all students, we run an extensive induction programme, although this year it will operate on more of a ‘virtual’ basis.
Our induction is open to all Year 11 students whether existing Coopers’ Coborn students, or those looking to join the school. We find that students very quickly feel part of our 6th Form community and embrace the school ethos of ‘Love as Brethren’.
Our online induction this year, encompasses the following materials:
- A ‘welcome’ webinar from Mr Bell and the 6th Form Pastoral Team
- A series of videos from 6th Form students explaining more about our 6th Form
- Recorded academic taster sessions in each of your 3 A Level Subjects
- Links to our various social media platforms so that you can find out more about the school
- Additional reading and academic transitions support through the nationally recognised organisation known as ‘PIXL’
- A series of online lectures and videos
- A parent guide to support your parents with some additional reading
For our full, step by step, online induction programme please click on the link below: