Induction: Summer 2020
Making the transition from GCSE to A Level study is a real challenge and is one that many students struggle with, this is made especially difficult this year. To ease this process, and to support all students, we run an extensive induction programme, although this year it will operate on more of a ‘virtual’ basis.
Our induction is open to all Year 11 students whether existing Coopers’ Coborn students, or those looking to join the school. We find that students very quickly feel part of our 6th Form community and embrace the school ethos of ‘Love as Brethren’.
Our online induction this year, encompasses the following materials:
- A ‘welcome’ webinar from Mr Bell and the 6th Form Pastoral Team
- A series of videos from 6th Form students explaining more about our 6th Form
- Recorded academic taster sessions in each of your 3 A Level Subjects
- Links to our various social media platforms so that you can find out more about the school
- Additional reading and academic transitions support through the nationally recognised organisation known as ‘PIXL’
- A series of online lectures and videos
- A parent guide to support your parents with some additional reading
For our full, step by step, online induction programme please click the document link below – 6th Form Induction 2020:
As part of the induction you are required to complete ‘Academic Transition Tasks’ – below you can find the academic preparatory tasks that your new departments would like you to complete before you join us in September. Please listen carefully to the subject taster sessions (hosted on YouTube) as part of your induction as many of these taster sessions explain the academic transition tasks.
Additionally, in the section below titled ‘Curriculum Maps’ you will see each department has provided you with an overview of what you will learn during the two years with us.
Additionally, please see below a copy of the Year 12 Uniform policy and some other useful documents that we refer to as part of your induction.