2018

School Archives 2018

Following a generous donation by the OCCA, the school’s Archive Room was refurbished to allow for greater capacity and more accessible storage for the many historic documents.  The new display area enables visitors to view the great collection of artefacts dating back to the 1700s.  The Dorothy Gorsuch Archive Room was opened in July 2018 in the presence of the Lady Mayoress of London, Samantha Bowman.  Visitors are welcome – please contact the school office.

11.11.2018

There But Not There

To commemorate the centenary of the end of the Great War this soldier silhouette was engraved with the names of all those Coopers’ men who gave their lives for their country – ordinary people who did extraordinary things

1990

Headteachers of the Schools

Roll of Headteachers – Coopers’ School, Coborn School, and The Coopers’ Company and Coborn School 1536 – 2018

LOVE AS BRETHREN

 

1986

Service of Thanksgiving – 450th Anniversary at St Paul’s

To celebrate its 450th Anniversay the entire school community (students, staff, governing body), many parents and members of the Worshipful Company of Coopers, attended a Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral. It was impressive to see over 2500 people filling the Cathedral, enjoying the outstanding music provided by the school orchestra and choir.

1986

School Anniversary Plate

The original design of the Anniversary Plate, one of which was given to all members of staff.

1986

Princess Anne’s Visit

To mark its 450th Anniversary Princess Anne visited the school and opened the new Computer Science block, named after the Chair of Governors, Mr Len McEwen. The photo also shows the Anniversary Plate designed by student, Kelly Merritt.

c. 1985

HMS Pinafore Production

The school has always prided itself on the quality and regularity of its productions.  Gilbert and Sullivan was a popular choice.

1973

The New School In Upminster

Mr James Bell, the last Headmaster of Coopers’ School, wrote “This issue of ‘The Cooperian’ “ (the school magazine) “marks the end of an era; when the next magazine is produced, our school will have left the premises in Bow, the two stage amalgamation with the Coborn School will have been completed and the new Coopers’ Company and Coborn School will be in full session in Upminster”. The photo shows the new school in its early stages of development, with Mr John French becoming its first Headteacher.

c. 1956

Coopers’ Boys Prizegiving

Then, as now, Prizegiving was an important part of school life, celebrating the achievements of its pupils.

1951

Coborn School – Visit by Her Majesty The Queen (latterly the Queen Mother)

To mark Coborn School’s 250th Anniversary the school was honoured by a visit from Her Majesty. A Commemoration Service was held at St Dunstan’s Church and the Coborn Chronicle Play compiled by the staff was produced.