Careers & Beyond CCCS
Oxford University – Year 9 Aspiration Day
The school was invited to take fifteen year 9 students to an aspiration day at Wadham College, University of Oxford.
Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) is an important area of the wider curriculum.
Indeed providing high-quality CEIAG complements and enriches the main/specialist curriculum. The essence of CEIAG involves furnishing pupils with knowledge and skills for life. By so doing we help develop well-rounded, informed and confident citizens.
CEIAG within the school can be distinguished in the following areas:
- Conference Days – themed days (three a year) for each year group, using effective guest speakers and high-quality resources.
- Thought for the Week – using tutor time to discuss topical issues, often inspired by newspaper articles, to bridge and enrich the conference days.
- Cross-Curricular – supporting and developing CEIAG topics in the main/specialist curriculum.
- Annual Careers Convention.
- Two weeks Work Experience in the summer term of Year 10
- Year 12 take part in ‘work shadowing’ at the end of the summer term.
- Prospects Advisor.
- Extension – year group activities that sit outside the conference days, but which develop Life Skills, e.g. Guest speakers from Industry and Commerce and Universities, Job seeker workshops for those students wanting to go out into the work place at the end of Year 13